Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

April 6, 2021

Whale Watching at Devil's Slide Coastal Trail in Pacifica

 





We visited Devil's Slide Coastal Trail in Pacifica last year around late June and I wish I had known about the whale sightings because we would've brought our binoculars.  You can see easily spot the whales from shore - just follow the flock of birds concentrated in one area of the ocean and most likely there's a whale in the midst.  I find that it was an easy walk for my two-year-old son but because he likes to stop and look at everything, we only walked up the hill for a good half hour, while my then four-year-old daughter walked to the peak with my husband with no problem.  

It seems a little daunting walking along on a highway, but it's kinda neat like walking down the Great Highway when it's closed to traffic for road maintenance.

Word of warning though, parking is not the greatest and is a hit or miss and we came here on a weekday.  There is parking on either side of the Tom Lantos Tunnel.  






No comments:

Post a Comment