Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

April 3, 2021

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Photo from Vogue by Arthur Elgort


I really try to be mindful of what I post when it comes to gift ideas.  As someone who is raising their children about climate change, recycling, and about not having things go to waste and being more thoughtful in our purchases as a family, I usually post items that are either vintage, items that can be handed down as heirlooms or can stand the test of time, and classic items that wouldn't fall under fast/disposable fashion or trends.


Donate to a charity or organization in their name.  I recently watched Seapiracy on Netflix and Oceana protects the World's Oceans.   



Name a star after her through Star-Name-Registry.  The registry includes the deed, the Sky Atlas map, chart, and more.

Photo from Vogue by Alamy



A delicious crepe cake from Lady M. - I mean, just look at the insane number of layers on this slice; it's a work of art!  Actually any cake from Lady M. will do as long as it's chocolate.  I just found out there's a boutique in Los Altos, California.  






A  vintage Mercedes 280/380 SL convertible (from the 70's/80's) to drive down the Pacific Coast Highway

Left photo from @Nat_Mass 
Right photo:  Pinterest, source unknown


The Ploum Sofa - in love with this color and fun, cozy-looking structure.  I almost wouldn't mind if my children jumped around on it, almost.  



Rosie Assoulin's Thousand-In-One-Ways sweater - I would wear this sweater three days out of the week or maybe more.

Photo from  Moda Operandi


A Hunt Slonem bunny painting - I love how colorful, playful, and yet sophisticated his artwork is.  You can hang it in the nursery or your child's room (and for generations to come), but I'd be fine with having it in my living room.  



Cartier Panthere gold watch - the Forever watch.  Also comes in Double Loop if you really want to spoil her.  





No comments:

Post a Comment