Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

October 21, 2015

Chic home bars




With all the fun, major holidays around the corner, I cannot wait to celebrate, drink up, and be merry! We have an actual bar at home but unfortunately it looks nothing like these photos of chic home bars I found on Pinterest and beyond.  Our bar holds a hefty number of various, colorful bottles of quality alcohol but it's also used as counter space for stacks of daily mail, UPS boxes, and where my handbag hangs out at the end of the day.




Hopefully towards the end of my maternity leave I'll have time to head over to the Treasure Island flea market and scour some chic vintage decanter sets or I can be patient and wait for Black Friday sales to begin and score some stylish bar accessories from my favorite, reasonably priced home decor stores Z Gallerie and Home Goods.  I especially love Home Goods, it's sort of a "best kept secret" in finding anything you want related to the home.  (I always see Le Creuset cookware at heavily discounted prices whenever I pop in just to browse).  






 Using folding trays as a home bar are a great option for small spaces.  







And if you're really limited in space, a silver tray with vintage bar accessories is just as stylish.





 Other creative home bars - hidden behind a vintage Provencal armoire or on top of a vintage trunk. 

No comments:

Post a Comment