Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

April 17, 2020

D. Porthault Linens




Cece Barfield Thompson  

It's funny how things come full circle.  Growing up I was surrounded by chintz linens (and blue and white china) and my parent's linen closet was brimming with the stuff, so much so that they been handed down to me when I moved out on my own.  To be honest I wasn't a big fan of the style.  They were deemed old-fashioned and while it reminded me of a decor that belonged in a cozy English cottage, I favored simple white, luxury hotel quality linens.

Fast-forward twenty years later and I'm now obsessed with printed, floral linens.  As I read in a Vogue article, chintz never went away, it's always been a classic.  Currently, I'm inspired by D. Porthault linens and wish my family had a collection that can be handed down for generations.










Mario Buatta 




No comments:

Post a Comment