Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

April 29, 2020

Blue and White Forever


Photo credit:  Pieter Estersohn for AD

Ginger jars usually come to mind at the mere mention of blue and white as color combos, particularly in the design world, but I wanted to see more inspiring versions of it whether in a gorgeous ballgown, as stripes, gingham or toile de jouy.  Growing up my mother would take me along to shopping excursions at antique stores filled with blue and white china and I would usually end up waiting outside with my dad, bored, as the signs posted in the the stores said No Children Under 12 Allowed.  It is funny how as an adult I've grown to appreciate all things blue and white and how my mom and I now share a love of that same aesthetic. 


Hope these photos serve as a temporary escape and hope you and your loved ones stay safe,
Marne

 Andrea Brooks Design




 Patricia Herrera Lansing.  Photo credit:  Unknown




Photo Credit:  Alberto Pino 


Elena Perminova by Christopher Sturman for Harper's Bazaar


Ethan Allan 


Unknown source, Pinterest



From Beaux Mondes Designs



   
Valentino at the Emperor's Table by Assouline

No comments:

Post a Comment