Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

June 8, 2014

Home wants

After four years of living in our home, I've been wanting to mix things up in terms or decor.  I know tastes and styles evolve and change over time and that's why I'm very thoughtful and choosy about what I purchase for the home.  One thing that I always live by though is to only fill the home with things you truly love.

These are a few items that I've had my eye on for quite some time now.  My only recent purchase is the faux throw in lynx (perfect for foggy SF "summer" nights).





Clockwise from center:

Diptyque candles - I've been reading Baies is a perfect starter than the much stronger fragrances.

Plantation Design - Golden branches mirror.  I have a sunburst mirror I purchased from Target that unfortunately is beginning to lose its luster.

Tim Walker photography - I'm in love with his whimsical, magical art.  This one is called Floating Drive-in with the Great Escape film in the background.

Restoration Hardware - Faux fur throws.  I've been wanting a chinchilla throw but it's beyond my budget, these are a perfect, lower-priced alternative, especially when they have their sales.

Serena and Lily- Feather rug in Berry/Violet.  The base color of my living room / dining is gray so this is a great pop of color.

CB2- Art gallery style frames.  I want to create a minimal gallery in my entry way.  I don't want to go crazy by adding 10 frames on one wall - I think less is much more sophisticated.  

No comments:

Post a Comment