Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

January 5, 2013

The Cakery in Burlingame and wedding shoes

Wedding on a budget update #2:

The Cakery on Burlingame Avenue was listed as the main Wedgewood vendor for wedding cakes and it was a huge relief that they had great reviews on yelp and the variation of cakes we tried were delicious.  They were just right- not too moist, not too dry and the filling was rich and creamy.








They offer four complimentary samples with combinations you're interested in trying:

Sponge cake - Yellow or Chocolate
Filling- Lemon, vanilla, raspberry, orange creme, fudge, and more.
Icing- Butter cream, fondant, white chocolate, and marzipan.







We settled on 3 tiers each with different sponges and fillings. Because our relatives aren't too crazy on sweets, we chose the third tier being the yellow sponge and lemon filling, the second -chocolate sponge with raspberry filling, and the first tier which we'll bring home will be the chocolate sponge and orange creme.  Gluten free options are also available!





I also handed Tiffany, our consultant a picture of a gradient/ombre wedding cake that I found in The Knot magazine and was happy to hear that they could make it to our liking with no extra charges on our package.  I didn't want a traditional wedding cake.






The wedding shoes:

I was really, really in love with Badgley Mischka's shoes and they had great sales at Zappo's but sadly all my sizes were gone.  Still because I'm on a tight budget, I have to be realistic about spending money on shoes no one's going to see because my dress is so dang long, and honestly, I live in flats so I don't know if the amount of  repeat wear will justify the cost.




Badgley Mischka's Cissy 





Kelly & Katie Jubilee






For wedding shoes on a budget DWS is an awesome option if you're looking to spend less than $75 on shoes.  My favorite brands are Lulu Townsend (my wedding shoes by this designer were only $40!), Kelly & Katie, and Nina shoes- what I loved was how elegant and chic they looked without that ridiculous thick platform look.   

 Nina shoes










No comments:

Post a Comment