Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

May 7, 2020

Equestrian Chic Decor

Photo credit: Via eyefordesignlfd.blogspot.com 

When I heard in the news recently that the Kentucky Derby races would be postponed and done virtually, it got me thinking about what life as an equestrian must be like - I'm fascinated because unfortunately, no one in my circle of friends or family is an equestrian.  Although, I did have an aunt in Canada who had equestrian decor down to a tee.  I remember visiting her home numerous times and seeing the hound statues guarding the entry way; she had lots of plaid and dark, moody colors throughout her home, as well as what I'd call old-world elegant furniture - the kind you would see in an old library filled with stuffy leather chairs and gold leaf books. 

I can only imagine what it must be like to compete in an equestrian sport, particularly one such as dressage which requires years of training, discipline, and the pursuit of perfection.  Hope you enjoy these images and here's to mint juleps or my husband's preference, straight bourbon!





Silver bowl of Caps - Via Gunner and Grace, 
Horseshoe - Unknown
Equestrian-inspired style - Fashionmakestrends.com 
 Elegantly dressed rider - Ralph Lauren


Photo credit:  Christy Ford  





 Photo credit:  Gary Riggs Home





Photo credit: thepolohouse.blogspot.com


Photo credit:  Zimmo


No comments:

Post a Comment