Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

March 30, 2021

Pacifica State Beach (Linda Mar Beach) with small children


Pacifica State Beach or Linda Mar Beach  is one of our favorite beaches.  I have one particular fond memory of coming here one day on a cold foggy morning and seeing about thirty or so surfers, all lined up horizontally, bobbing in the water in their black wetsuits - a classic California beach moment.  I wish I had brought my Nikon camera to capture that moment, maybe next time!  

Not only is it a spectacular drive on Highway 1 from SF, it's also cleaner than most beaches we've been to in SF, Santa Cruz, and Parks Desire Beach near Tomales Bay.  We also love how Taco Bell is not too far away - my husband will walk over and bring lunch back to our tent - with miniature makeshift tables and all.  One of our favorite things to do is collect cool looking rocks and seashells.  I would avoid coming here on a holiday, if you do, come as early as possible.  There is a parking lot across the street, but if you come early enough you can snag a spot by the beach.  We paid $7.00 for parking and stayed for a couple hours.  (I believe it's $7.00 for less than a 4-hour stay)   

No comments:

Post a Comment