Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

March 29, 2021

D. Porthault Sale

 


Uh-oh, look what popped up on my IG feed today!  Last fall I set my alarm for 6:00 a.m. for D. Porthault's semi-annual sale and managed to cart the Plumes Lavende boudoir but couldn't get the neck roll in time.  This time around, I've been eyeing the beautiful Bouquet Eclate Celadon Bed Linens pattern.  I know most people can't justify spending a lot of money on linens, but for someone who grew up with a mother who collected high quality bedding, it's one of the very few things I have an appreciation for and is in my DNA.  They make great heirlooms and can be handed down for generations.  



Top right is by Matouk in a scallop design that I got from a great sale from Horchow
Bottom left Plumes Lavende boudoir - my son's favorite pillow.  
The others are vintage pillow cases


My son really does love that D. Porthault pillow.  My husband makes fun of that purchase by dubbing it the poop pillow - whenever my son is ready for his diaper change, it's his pillow of choice for resting his head on!


No comments:

Post a Comment