Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

January 17, 2015

Iconic Investment Pieces

When I first heard about the term designer investment pieces, I thought it meant something along the lines of having your clothes as your sole investment portfolio or what Carrie Bradshaw would say- "I like to see my money right where I can see it...hanging in my closet."  I did a little bit of research on investment pieces and Hermes and Chanel came out on top as the designers with the best resale value, as well as Christian Louboutin shoes, surprisingly.  You would think that shoes are the first to go but apparently those red soles can still fetch a pretty penny if they're well taken care of.

I made up my own list of investment pieces - iconic to be exact.  I didn't include Hermes in the mix because, well frankly most of us would probably spend our money on a new car than on a new Birkin.  But we can dream...


Saint Laurent jacket - The closest thing to Le Smoking jacket
Burberry trench coat - It's so darn versatile.  
Cartier Tank Francaise watch - Inspired by World War I military tanks
Chanel Classic Flap bag - Do I really need to explain this?  I love mine, it's my Picasso.  Never mind the fact that I hardly ever use it, I'm happy just looking at it. 
Ferragamo Varina flats - Timeless ballet flats.
Christian Louboutin pumps - This shoe makes my heart skip a beat

Out of the list I have 1 out of 6, and I'm certainly in no rush to collect them all at once.  I'd like to think of them as rewards for personal achievement.  The Chanel small classic flap was a recent purchase I made a few months after I got my new job working in the government sector from manufacturing.  And believe me, it was no easy feat after going through the groundhog day, 7 year process of applying for new jobs, phone interviews with HR, more phone interviews with management, and morning or afternoon-long on-site interviews with the entire team.  Pretty grueling.  For those of you who are currently going through that process, don't give up!  The light is at the end of the tunnel!

No comments:

Post a Comment