Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

May 19, 2014

PGM half scale dress form

Meet Alice...I needed her to help me practice with making patterns and so far she's been a great investment!








I looked at numerous options of half scale dress forms and really wanted the Wolf and Bunka brands, but the PGM was the right one for me budget wise.


A Wolf dress form at the Alexander Wang studios





Bunka brand



Maybe in the future I can upgrade to the Wolf brand when the time comes for a regular professional dress form.  But for now, I'm just totally inspired by these replications of dresses by one of the earliest architects of clothing of the late 19th century, Madeleine Vionnet- who was known to use half scale forms.  Hopefully in time I can reproduce these amazing designs.

The pictures below were found on Threads Magazine (with the exception of the first photo on the left, which is from Nicola Sowter).  











No comments:

Post a Comment