Life in the Fog

“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive;
and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.”
-Maya Angelou

June 11, 2011

Dreaming of brunch for dinner




I heard about Mama's (1701 Stockton, at Filbert) through family and friends who went out of their way to come here (okay not completely, they live in Daly City) and Yelp had over 1000 reviews of this establishment.  It had to be good...




I went here during my week-long Christmas break thinking there would be less people...wrong (and yes I'm only just writing about it due to the discovery of long-lost pics on my cellphone).  Granted we got there around 11 am thinking people were either a.) at work b.) busy with their Christmas shopping at Union Square, but it turns out it wasn't the locals we were competing with for a table- it was out-of-towners, which was completely unexpected.  Most of the people we scoped out in line were reading their guidebooks while others snapped random photos on the street with their sleek, expensive cameras that hung around their necks.

Anyways, I had the Cinnamon French Toast and it was out of this world.  My significant other had some kind of omelette that I don't recall but he loved it.   Mama's is exactly the place you expect it to be - downright cozy and where you'll be taken care of and fed really well, just like your own mama would.  These pics already have me salivating...

No comments:

Post a Comment